Managed Allocation, Distribution and Tracking of Exams as Part of a Skilling Program Conducted by a Technology Giant
Client was a technology giant and the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions. It relied on its partner organizations across globe to promote, expand and retains its business. Client ran a program to promote the adoption and expansion of their cloud-based products by providing training to customers through partners.
- To achieve and grow adoption of technology products in client’s portfolio, client started a program to encourage customers skill up and get certified.
- A consistent delivery of exam coupons directly to learners needs to be facilitated for driving certifications
- Tracked metrics such as redemption rate and exam pass to measure the effectiveness of the initiative.
Following approaches were used:
- Identified the data fields required for direct distribution of exams. Included these data fields in the proof of execution template designed to capture data from partners.
- Consolidated data reported individually by all partners in a week to a single file using an algorithm developed in python. Identified the net new records reported in the consolidated file and added these new records to already submitted records through last week while creating the master consolidated file.
- Exams for a specific set of trainings are distributed by client’s internal team; identified these trainings and filtered them out to avoid over distribution of exams. Identified intrafile and interfile duplicates; avoided over distribution of vouchers.
- Checked availability of exams and placed request for new vouchers to avoid shortage. Allocated exams to learners and created learner specific communication and distributed exams in bulk.
- Managed support alias to address issues related to exams redemption from learners/customers. Created a consolidated exams master data and updated this on a weekly basis. Client’s BI team used this consolidated data as input feed to calculate business metrics for their internal dashboards.
Following were the outcomes:
- Distributed around 150K exams as part of the Skill Up program.
- Enhanced Satisfaction through consistent delivery of exams before completion of training.
- Identified multiple cases of gaming using duplication checks; led to implementation of additional automated validation checks to cover such scenarios.
- Timely resolution of all escalations related to redemption through support alias.
- Tracked the effectiveness of the program by capturing matrices like redemption and exam pass.